For reliable and professional plumbing services
• What is a vent's contribution to the plumbing system and what does it do?
Vents are visible on all roofs. If hazardous gases remain trapped in your drains they could permeate your house. Liquid must be followed by air, in order for it to go down a pipe. Vents are piped in to direct foul air out of your home when drain action displaces air from the traps.
• How can you prevent the invasion of roots in the main sewer line?
The recommended preventive maintenance includes cleaning out your drain three times a year. Inquire with your plumbers whether there are any products that can be flushed through the drainage system to prevent roots from getting into it.
• What causes the rusty, brown color in hot water?
Several causes can explain this change in color:
1. Rust entering the water lines can be caused by different chemicals. A change in water pressure leads to rust being carried to various fixtures and appliances.
2. The water may be a darker shade because of the dirt that has come into the water from a broken pipe.
3. Sediments coming out of the water heater are transferred to the fixtures.
4. The metal jacket may have rusted because of damage to the glass lining in the water heater.
5. Iron bacteria are known to grow near wells, so if you live near one be aware.
• What are the differences between CPVC and PVC plastic piping?
CPVC is usable for both cold and hot water lines, but PVC is only usable for cold water. A common type of pipe used for drains is PVC.
• What are the advantages of plastic supply lines?
Plastic supply lines reduce installation cost, are more flexible, are non-toxic, and will not corrode.
• What should one do when the kitchen drain becomes clogged?
To start with, use a plunger. Secondly, apply a liquid drain opener by following the instructions that come with it. The trap may be the source of the clog; you can take it out to check. If this is not the case, drain augers extend to various lengths, allowing you to reach a clogged area.
• What is the function of an aerator on a faucet?
It diffuses the water and puts a stop to splashing.
• Why should we put traps below the sinks?
To keep your kitchen and bathroom free from foul odors, traps prevent sewer gases from permeating out from the drain.
• Can you describe a fixture shutoff valve?
These devices are placed either beneath or near the toilet and sink, and are used for shutting off the water supply to these fixtures. Shutoff valves should be closed if a leak stems from a specific sink or toilet.
• What does a plumber's snake do?
To remove clogs, a plumber's snake in inserted into the drain and pushed through the pipes.
• How can I get the odor out of my garbage disposal and keep it smelling fresh?
There are several steps to take to rid yourself of a foul smell emanating from your garbage disposal:
1. Plug up the sink and fill it with hot water. With the water running, throw in a few cups or bleach and some liquid dish soap. As the sink fills, allow it to drain out, and activate your disposal. Hopefully your problem will be solved by a mix of hot water, soap, and bleach.
2. Next, try pouring half a box of baking soda into the drain. Then start pouring vinegar slowly over it, until foaming stops completely. When it stops bubbling, turn the disposal on and run the hot water. Run the disposal for approximately 60 seconds and continue to allow the hot water to run for 5 or 10 minutes.
3. Once in a while you should put some citrus fruit, like oranges, in the disposal and let some hot water run over that, while running the appliance.
4. Buy a garbage disposal cleaner, and use it every month.
5. Always ensure that all of the food has been removed from the disposal, before walking away.
- Emergency Plumber Los Angeles
- Leak Detection
- Garbage Disposal Installation
- Slab Leaks
- Sewer Inspection
- Water Filters
- Leaking Faucets
- Water Jetting
- Sewer Backflow
- Sanitary Sewers
- Burst Pipes
- Plumbing Quotes
- Plumbing Estimates
23539 Burbank Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91367